Saturday 12 April 2014

Bedside Beauty


 
Hello!
 

 I have been struggling to find inspiration for new blog posts to post and so I have looking at a LOT of beauty blogs and I now have a few more ideas of blogs : ) so today's blog is all about my 'Bedside beauty' products plus a few bits and bobs that collect on my bedside table . It's basically just those few products that I use whilst sat in bed just before going to sleep or just as I wake up in the morning. So enjoy!
 
 
Spot cream/gel; I am not generally very spotty but I can get the occasional one and often have blemishes. I love this simple one as it does that job but is also very gentle on the skin and doesn't burn my skin like stronger spot products do.
 
Nail file; I often can't remember or be bothered to file my nails properly so I like to keep one by my bed so I can do a quick file if necessary in the morning.
 
 
Lip balm; Lip balm is an essential especially at night because let's face it chapped lips are really not a good look. I love
beeswax lip balms  as they are super moisturising and a really nice texture especially this one by B skincare but I know that Burt's Bees lip balms are really good and more widely available.
 
 
 
 
hair things; I have a little pot of hair things by my bed as well as my hairbrush as normally one of the last things I do before my bed is to brush my hair and put up either in a bun or sometimes plaits if I want waves in the morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Face moisturiser; I generally moisturise after cleansing and using toner but I like to keep my moisturiser by my bed because you never know when your face might need that extra bit of moisture especially in colder months (although hopefully they we are past them now!) In my opinion The Simple moisturisers are the best especially for their price. I like the light one as my skin isn't too dry but still needs a bit more moisturiser than what an oil-free moisturiser gives.
 
 



hand cream; I get such dry hands and so I always need to moisturise them. If my hands are really chapped and dry I use the Neutrogena hand cream which is concentrated so lasts for ages and does and incredible job. If my hands are just a bit dry I use a gentler and more luxurious hand cream such as the L'occitane which is probably my favourite hand cream at the moment, this one is only a tester but a big tube will be going on my wish list!
 
 
 
 
 
 




A few random non beauty things on my dressing table......

Company magazine (obviously ; ))









A book; I have actually finished this book and loved it, I'd actually say it was nearly if the not as good as The fault in our stars which is pretty good (roll on the film! eeeeekk)







 I love these tealight holders (if that's what there're called?!) which I got from HobbyCraft for about £1.50 each and the fake battery candles you can also get from Hobbycraft  (they look a lot more effective in the dark!)
I also love real candles and this apple smelling candle from lilly flame which smells amazing and this green tea candle from bomb cosmetics which has a much more subtle smell and looks so pretty. Of course you also need an alarm clock and I love this retro looking one from Tiger.




Hope you enjoyed this post! please subscribe and follow us on bloglovin




maddy x

p.s. sorry for the photos being the best of quality, the quality seems to go bad as soon as I upload it :(









2 comments: